Wednesday, June 29, 2011

WWW Wednesdays

I missed this last week so this post actually covers two weeks' time.

To play along, just answer the following three (3) questions…

• What are you currently reading?
• What did you recently finish reading?
• What do you think you’ll read next?




Current

Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe
Julie of the Wolves by Jean Craighead George


Recently Finished


Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
I read this for two challenges: 1001 Books You Must Read and Wordsworth Classics. I enjoyed this story and look forward to reading more by Bronte.

Watership Down by Richard Adams
"Finished" as in "as good as I'm going to right now". I just couldn't finish this...I have always wanted to read this and didn't make it beyond halfway. So...I had to make a "new" 1972 choice for the Century Challenge and am now reading Julie of the Wolves.

If you Ask Me (Which of course, you won't) by Betty White
I read this for my "I" choice for the A-Z challenge and also for the Memorable Memoirs challenge. I got this book for Mother's Day because I love anything Golden Girls-related. This was a quick and funny read.

Girl with a Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier
I read this as my Gem or Jewel Choice for the What's in a name 4 Challenge. It has been on my TBR list for awhile, mostly because I am intrigued with the cover. I had always thought it would be somewhat heavy reading and avoided it! Big mistake! I found it at Goodwill for 99 cents and decided to give it a chance and I am so glad I did! It's the "story" of the painter Vermeer and his inspiration for the painting of the same name.


Coming Up

The Book Thief
by Markus Zusak
The Reader by Bernhard Schlink

No comments:

Post a Comment