Wednesday, March 2, 2011

WWW Wednesdays



MizB of Should Be Reading hosts this fabulous weekly event.

To play along, just answer the following three (3) questions…

• What are you currently reading?
• What did you recently finish reading?
• What do you think you’ll read next?


Currently Reading:

One of Ours by Willa Cather
I chose this as my Pulitzer Prize winner for the Back to the Classics challenge and am really enjoying it. I haven't read any of Cather's works and I think I may have to!

The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
I have been wanting to read this one for awhile and I am listening to it on CD. I'm really enjoying it!

Recently Finished:

A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
I didn't so much finish this book as gave up on it. I thought it was finally starting to make sense but was halfway through the book and realized that I had no idea what was going on. I might try reading it another time because I have heard so many good things about it. I'm thinking that I may try it on CD - that's how I got through Grehory MacGuire's books and most of the Tudor court books I've read.

Fantastic Mr Fox by Road Dahl
Recommended by my 8 yo son Tucker, I really enjoyed this! He just finished reading it in school and was really excited by it! I didn't find it as weird as I found other books by Dahl (although I have enjoyed all of them!)

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Verne
I read this one for the Celebrate the Author challenge and have to say, while I enjoyed it, I didn't enjoy it as much as Around the World in Eighty Days.

Coming Up:

Freedom by Jonathan Franzen
I've heard so many good things about this book so when I spotted it on the shelf of New Audio Books at the library, I snatched it up!

Room by Emma Donoghue
Another book I've heard a lot about and have been waiting for from the library for almost three months and I got an email today that it is ready to picked up!

No comments:

Post a Comment