Wednesday, March 16, 2011

WWW Wednesdays

MizB from Should Be Reading sponsors this weekly event so we can share our reading escapades....

To play along, just answer the following three (3) questions…

• What are you currently reading?
• What did you recently finish reading?
• What do you think you’ll read next?


Currently Reading:

Little Bee by Chris Cleave
Just started this tonight and to be honest, I was very intrigued by the cover more than anything else! I have heard/read good things about it though so we will see.

Freedom by Jonathan Franzen
I am halfway through this audio book and I have to admit, it took me a little bit to figure out what was going on but I'm glad I stuck with it!


Recently Finished:
(Don't be too impressed, I finished Room hours after I posted WWW Wednesday last week and The Kite Runner the next morning. Gathering Blue and Messenger were each less than 200 pages so they were quick-reads)

Room by Emma Donoghue
I raved enough about this last week!

The Kite Runner
Another amazing book!

Gathering Blue by Lois Lowry
Messenger by Lois Lowry
I read these two because I so loved The Giver. They weren't on that scale but I did enjoy them and I didn't realize they were a min-series of sorts.


Coming Up:
The Red Queen by Phillipa Gregory
This may still be "Coming Up" next week as Freedom is a longer book than I thought!

The Memory Palace by Mira Bartok
I wanted to get started on the Memoir reading challenge. this one is about two sister who grow up with a mom who is a paranoid schizophrenic and who that affects the dynamics in their family.

1 comment:

  1. The Kite Runner and The Giver are two of my favorite books!
    Here's my WWW:
    http://centralcaligrrrl.blogspot.com/2011/03/www-wednesday_16.html

    ReplyDelete