Wednesday, April 13, 2011

WWW Wednesdays


MizB sponsors this weekly event so we can share what we are reading....

To play along, just answer the following three (3) questions…

• What are you currently reading?
• What did you recently finish reading?
• What do you think you’ll read next?



*I apologize for the weird colors and spacing. For some reason it conitued green and then I couldn't get it all to go to black!*


Currently Reading:

Little Women by Louisa May Alcott (for Back to the Classics Challenge)

I've lost track of how many times I've started and stopped reading this book over the years. I'm finishing it this time...I'm only about 100 pages in and enjoying it so much

While I'm Falling by Laura Moriarty (for the What's in a Name 4)

I'm only one CD in but it's the story of a college girl who'd parents get divorces and the crazy dynamics-I'm all about reading about family dysfunction-lol

Recently finished:

Journey to the Center of the Earth by Jules Verne

I finally finished this one and enjoyed it so much more than 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.

The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison (for the Century Challenge)

I think I was supposed to read this in college but never did. I'm sorry I didn't because I really liked it. It was the story of a little African-American girl who's only wish is to have blue eyes so everyone will think she's pretty. But it's so much more....

The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver (for 1001 books you Must read challenge)

I really enjoyed this one-it had been on my TBR list for a long time!

Rip Van Winkle and The Legend of Sleepy Hollow (for the Celebrate the Author challenge)

I listened to these on CD; combined they were 3 hours long (which is 2 days worth of my weekly commute). I really enjoyed them both, liking Rip a little more!


Coming Up:

Shiloh Season

Tucker just finished this in school and was so excited for me to read it!

Secrets of Eden by Chris Bohjalian


No comments:

Post a Comment