Wednesday, September 7, 2011

WWW Wednesday


To play along just answer the following three (3) questions…

• What are you currently reading?
• What did you recently finish reading?
• What do you think you’ll read next?

This covers two weeks time as I was without power for a week due to Hurricane Irene!


Currently Reading:

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey

The Red Queen by Philippa Gregory


Recently Finished:

Sing You Home by Jodi Picoult
This one was powerful on so many levels and I found myself frustrated, happy, sad all at the same time. It's the story of a woman who's marriage falls apart after some particlularly trying times (don't want to give anything away) and her struggle to build a new life and identity. If you like Jodi Picoult, you need to read this!

Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
I read this for 3 challenges: 1001 Books You Must Read, Celebrate the Author, and Wordsworth Classics. First of all, I always thought the monster was Frankenstein but that is actually the name of the creator. Really good book and just sorry I waited so long to read it.

The Enoumous Crocodile/The Minipins by Roald Dahl
I read these with my son for the Celebrate the Author challenge for this month. There were short stories and were probably the most "normal" stories I've read by Dahl! Both are really good and highly recommended!


Dreams of Joy by Lisa See
I really enjoyed Snowflower and the Secret Fan and Shanghai Girls by See so I was quick to grab this one at the library. what I didn't realize is that is the continuation of Shanghai Girls, the story of the daughter of one of the girls and her struggle to find out who she is. Another really good one!


Coming Up:

The Book Thief

Matilda by Roald Dahl (with my son)

Death and the Virgin Queen by Chris Skidmore

1 comment:

  1. I love Jodi Picoult books. Never actually read Frankenstien by Mary Shelley. Will have to read it one day.

    Check out mine:
    http://itstimetoreadmamaw.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete