Friday, October 21, 2011

Group Read: Dracula


Allie from A Literary Odyssey is sponsoring a Group Read of Dracula.

This is one of those books I've always meant to read so I was excited to read to especially since I read both Frankenstein and Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde for the first time this year. And reading it in October? Bonus!

It did not disappoint! I was immediately drawn into the story as Dracula invites unwitting Jonathan to his castle and will not let him leave. And that's only the beginning of the fun!

Of all the characters, I especially enjoyed Mina and her strong-willed personality, determination, and devotion to Jonathan. I Liked that the book wasn't all doom and gloom and that everyone wasn't killed in the end.

All in all, I have to say it was an enjoyable read and I would re-read it again in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment