Wednesday, October 12, 2011

WWW Wednesdays


MizB of Should Be Reading sponsors this weekly event so we can share what we're reading!

To play along, just answer the following three (3) questions…

• What are you currently reading?
• What did you recently finish reading?
• What do you think you’ll read next?


There may seem to be a lot because I haven't done this for a few weeks.


Currently Reading:

Roots by Alex Haley
I told you this would take me awhile; I just haven't had a lot of time to read! I have passed the halfway point though!

The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
This is my October choice for the Celebrate the Author challenge; I thought I should get started on it so that's also cut into my time reading Roots.

Dracula by Bram Stoker
I had a hard time getting into it at first but I am wholeheartedly enjoying this one!


Recently Finished:

Cleopatra by Stacy Schiff
I read this for the Memorable Memoirs Challenge. I have been intrigued by this since it came out amid all the great reviews. Not knowing anything about Cleopatra, I was excited to read it and was not disappointed!

A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess
I read this for the 1001 Books You Must Read Challenge. This definitely ranks right up there with one of the strangest books I have read in awhile. I am glad I listened to it on audio because I think I would have gotten lost in the language if I read it in actual book-form. Having said all that, once I got beyond the strangeness of the language and got into the story, I did enjoy it!

The Wonderful Story of Henry Sugar and Six More Stories by Roald Dahl
I read this with my 9 yo son. It was the last book I read for the Celebrate the Author challenge for the month of September. It was a collection of short stories that varied from a hidden treasure to a man who cheats at cards(I'm oversimplifying). The stories were all good.

The Selfish Giant by Oscar Wilde
I read this for the Celebrate the Author challenge. I was looking through one of those books that is a compilation of "children's literature" from my childhood and found a short story by Oscar Wilde!

Coming Up:

Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand

The Wind in the Willows by Graheme Greene (with my son)

Moll Flanders by Daniel Defoe

1 comment:

  1. Some great books in there - A Clockwork ORange would be my favourite from this lot. My 12 year old daughter loved the Henry Sugar book and has told me on numerous occasions to get it read. The Picture of Dorian Gray is on my pile of books to be read. I will get round to it eventually (hopefully).

    ReplyDelete