Saturday, December 31, 2011

Fall Into Reading Challenge-(somewhat) completed

Katrina from Callapidder Days sponsored the Fall into Reading Challenge that ran from September 23, 2011 through December 21, 2011 for all of us to list the books we were planning to read through the fall.

Obviously, I'm a little late posting the wrap-up post!

My plan in participating in this was to complete the rest of the challenges I had signed up for.

The Century Challenge

I completed the 4 books I wanted to finish to complete this challenge: Roots, Song of Solomon, The World According to Garp, and The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Wordsworth Classics Challenge
I read The Wind in the Willows and Gulliver's Travels but not Moll Flanders. thankfully I did read Dracula for a read-along and it turned out to be a Wordsworth Classic so I did finish this challnege.

Celebrate the Author Challenge
I finsihed the three needed to complete this challenge, also: The Picture of Dorian Gray, The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, and The Jungle Book

Memorable Memoirs Challenge
I committed to reading 10 and of the three I planned to read, I only read I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings.

A-Z challenge
I had high hopes of finishing this one, too! Alas, I only read the "Q" selection but not "X", "Y", "Z". If I were to do this one again, I think I would start with those letters so I wouldn't be scrambling so much at the end!

As I already said, I did Read Dracula for A Literary Odyssey's October Read-A-Long.

I didn't get to any of the "extras" I had listed but I plan to read them next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment