Sunday, February 13, 2011

WWW Wednesdays


MizB of Should Be Reading hosts this fabulous weekly event.

To play along, just answer the following three (3) questions…

• What are you currently reading?
• What did you recently finish reading?
• What do you think you’ll read next?


Currently Reading:


A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens

Like Oliver Twist, I have found this one difficult to get into but I think I may have finally caught on. I'm not that far into it yet but I'm hoping to enjoy it as much as I ended up enjoying Oliver Twist.







Gingerbread Cookie Murder by Joanne Fluke

I received this audio book from my friend Joan for Christmas. It's actually three murder mysteries, all centering around Christmas cookies. It's very light and I'm enjoying it.





Recently Finished:

Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens

This was the second Dickens' book I've read (A Christmas Carol being the first and I just read that this past December). I can't say enough about this one. Once I got through the language and wordiness that is Dickens, I truly enjoyed it!



Coming Up Next:

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Verne

One of Ours by Willa Cather

1 comment:

  1. Hi! So many books, so little time - that is my motto for life too! If only there were extra hours in the day for books and books alone!

    I'm glad you're getting into A Tale of Two Cities. That's the book that made me really appreciate Dickens, although I had read Great Expectations and Oliver Twist before. It took me ages to get into - I remember well sitting in the garden staring at the same page for a long time - but by the end I just couldn't put it down. I was hooked. One of my favourite books of all time now.

    ReplyDelete